Banerjee Recommends Dipa Karmakar as Brand Ambassador for Gymnastic
India football great Prasun Banerjee, who is also a Lok Sabha MP, has requested Sports Minister Vijay Goel to make gymnast Rio Olympian Dipa Karmakar the brand ambassador of Indian gymnastics.
A file photo of Indian gymnast Dipa Karmakar. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: India football great Prasun Banerjee, who is also a Lok Sabha MP, has requested Sports Minister Vijay Goel to make gymnast Rio Olympian Dipa Karmakar the brand ambassador of Indian gymnastics.
"Dipa Karmakar is not only an artistic gymnast who represented India at the 2016 Summer Olympics but also the first Indian female gymnast ever to compete in the Olympics and the first Indian gymnast to do so in 52 years," Banerjee wrote in a letter to the Sports Minister.
"It is my humble request to make this Golden lady the Brand Ambassador of Indian gymnastics as a symbol of love and affection from you to motivate her to achieve higher goals in her life," he added.
Karmakar had finished fourth at the women's vault gymnastics event at the Rio Games earlier this year. She had won the bronze medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games at Glasgow.
"I had a good discussion with the Sports Minister and he sounded positive," Banerjee said.
Recommended For You
- Woman Scribbles ‘It’s Real’ After Being ‘Dead’ for 27 Minutes
- Director Anubhav Sinha Writes Open Letter Ahead of Article 15 Release
- Here's Why Indian Fans are Rooting for Pakistan to Beat New Zealand in World Cup Match
- Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya Look Adorable in These Vacation Pics
- 'Crowilla': Crow or Gorilla? This Absurd Video of a Bird is Leaving Netizens Completely Baffled
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s