Barcelona Open: Bernard Tomic Injury Hands Andy Murray Walkover
World number one Andy Murray moved into the last 16 of the Barcelona Open without hitting a ball on Wednesday as Bernard Tomic pulled out of their second round clash with a back injury.
Andy Murray. (Getty Images)
Barcelona: World number one Andy Murray moved into the last 16 of the Barcelona Open without hitting a ball on Wednesday as Bernard Tomic pulled out of their second round clash with a back injury.
Murray was a late entry in the Catalan capital as he seeks time on court ahead of next month's French Open after returning from a wrist injury.
However, the Scot will have to wait until Thursday to begin his campaign against the winner of an all-Spanish matchup between Feliciano Lopez and Albert Montanes.
Rafael Nadal also starts his quest for a 10th title in Barcelona later on Wednesday against Brazilian Rogerio Dutra Silva.
Recommended For You
- Twitter Explodes with 'Priyanka Chopra Joins RSS' Memes as Actress Steps Out in Khaki Shorts
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Reports
- Support Pours in From Music Industry After Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Diagnosed With Throat Cancer
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s