Barcelona Open: Bopanna-Cuevas Crash Out of First Round
After the high of Monte Carlo Masters title triumph, India's Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas suffered a first round exit at the ATP Barcelona Open here.
Rohan Bopanna(L) and Pablo Cuevas. (Getty Images)
Barcelona: After the high of Monte Carlo Masters title triumph, India's Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas suffered a first round exit at the ATP Barcelona Open here.
The unseeded Indo-Uruguay pair lost 6-7 (3) 6-7 (2) to the top seeded combination of Henri Kontinen and John Peers.
En route to their title win in Monaco last week, Bopanna and Cuevas had defeated the world number one and two players in doubles -- Kontinen and Peers -- in the quarterfinals. The Finnish-Australian pair thus avenged the defeat in Monaco.
Bopanna is now ranked 18 in the world while Cuevas is ranked 24 in the doubles and 26 in the singles.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Row to Tanushree Dutta’s Courageous Fight: Top 7 Bollywood Controversies of 2018
- Deepika Spills Beans On Her First Date With Ranveer, Says 'Won't Forget That Moment'
- This Chinese Company Will Clone Your Pet for Rs 40 Lakh, Hubris Not Included
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Huawei P20 Pro is The Best Camera Phone of The Year
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s