Belinda Bencic withdraws in Cincinnati after 1st set against Lucie Safarova
Bencic has withdrawn from the Western & Southern Open after dropping the first set against seventh-seeded Lucie Safarova 6-2 in the round of 16.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Mason: Belinda Bencic has withdrawn from the Western & Southern Open after dropping the first set against seventh-seeded Lucie Safarova 6-2 in the round of 16.
No reason was immediately given for the 12th-seeded Bencic's abrupt withdrawal on Thursday.
The Swiss teenager was coming off the biggest moment of her brief career, when she won the tournament in Toronto last week and upset top-ranked Serena Williams in the semi-finals.
Safarova will meet either 14th-seeded Elina Svitolina or unseeded Caroline Garcia in the quarter-finals at Cincinnati.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Man Puts Up 'Happy Holi' Poster with Ex Girlfriend's Photo in UP, Arrested by 'Anti-Romeo' Sqad
- Kamal Haasan Should Apologise to Tamil Star Rekha For 'Unplanned Kiss' in Film, Say Netizens
- Anup Jalota Makes Fiery Remarks Against Paras Chhabra Over His Possible Marriage with Jasleen Matharu
- Coronavirus And Superspreaders: Humans Can Carry And Transmit COVID-19 Without Symptoms
- Strangers Can Get Access to Your Private WhatsApp Groups, Here’s How to Stop Them