Bengaluru FC Become First I-League Club To Apply For Indian Super League Inclusion
Federation Cup winners Bengaluru FC submitted the bid papers as the 'Invitation To Bid' tender process for inclusion of new teams in the Indian Super League (ISL) came to a close on Friday.
File Image of Bengaluru FC captain Sunil Chhetri (C) celebrating with teammates. (Getty Images)
Mumbai: Bengaluru FC on Friday became the first team from the I-League to apply for inclusion in the Indian Super League as they submitted bid papers as the 'Invitation To Bid' tender process for inclusion of new teams in the Indian Super League (ISL) came to a close on Friday.
Speaking exclusively to News18Sports, Bengaluru FC's Chief Operating Officer Mustafa Ghouse confirmed that Bengaluru have submitted the bid papers.
Football Sports Development Limited (FSDL)-appointed external validator will go through the bids evaluation procedurals over the coming week.
FSDL — a joint venture between IMG, Star India and Reliance plans to add one to three new teams in the Indian Super League (ISL) in its fourth edition to be staged in year 2017- 18.
The Indian Super League was established in 2014 under the affiliation of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) and if reports are to be believed then the ISL could well become India's premier division from the upcoming season.
Bids were invited from prospective team owners from 10 cities — Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Cuttack, Durgapur, Hyderabad, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Ranchi, Siliguri and Thiruvananthapuram.
The developments come after two major Indian footballing powerhouses Mohun Bagan and East Bengal decided not to apply for inclusion in the ISL.
(With PTI Inputs)
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Row to Tanushree Dutta’s Courageous Fight: Top 7 Bollywood Controversies of 2018
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Apple iPhone XS Max is The Undisputed Smartphone of The Year
- Wish I Were from Pakistan: Sonu Nigam Takes a Jibe at Music Industry for 'Ignoring' Indian Singers
- This Chinese Company Will Clone Your Pet for Rs 40 Lakh, Hubris Not Included
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018 Winners: Huawei P20 Pro is The Best Camera Phone of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s