Bombay High Court Quashes FIR Against Rower Dattu Bhokanal for 'Harassing' Wife
Dattu Bhokanal was accused of cheating and harassing his wife but Bombay High Court bench dismissed the FIR against the Indian rower.
Dattu Baban Bhokanal (Getty Images)
Mumbai: In a major relief to Olympian and Asian Games medallist rower Dattu Bhokanal, the Bombay High Court on Wednesday quashed an FIR registered against him on charges of cheating and harassing his wife.
A bench of justices Ranjit More and Bharati Dangre quashed the FIR, saying the charges and the material on record against Bhokanal did not make out a case under sections 498A (husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty) and 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Bhokanal had approached the high court earlier this month seeking that the FIR be quashed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- DDCA to Name Stand After Virat Kohli in Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it