Boxer Hugo Santillan Dies Five Days after Collapsing During Fight
Hugo Santillan died from head injuries, as he passed out when the result was about to be announced and underwent surgery after the fight but never regained consciousness.
Hugo Santillan died five days after he passed out during his fight (Photo Credit: Hugo Santillan /Facebook)
Buenos Aires: A 23-year-old boxer from Argentina has died five days after collapsing after his fight.
The World Boxing Council says Hugo Santillan died from head injuries after the super lightweight bout against Uruguayan Eduardo Abreu on Saturday in San Nicolas, a city 150 miles (240 kilometres) north of Buenos Aires.
Santillan passed out when the result was about to be announced and underwent surgery after the fight but never regained consciousness.
Santillan started boxing in 2015 and had a record of 19 wins, six losses, two draws.
Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev died Tuesday, four days after suffering a brain injury in a light-welterweight fight with Subriel Matias in Maryland. He was 28.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Couple Find Their Woodstock Photo 50 Years after Iconic Festival
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead