Caroline Wozniacki Withdraws from Kooyong Ahead of Australian Open
Caroline Wozniacki will not be playing at the traditional warm-up tournament at Kooyong, before her final career appearance at the Australian Open.
Caroline Wozniacki (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Adelaide: Former world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki will have no further preparation before her final career appearance at the Australian Open after withdrawing Monday from the traditional warm-up tournament at Kooyong.
The 29-year-old Dane has announced she will retire after the Australian Open, where in 2018 she won her only Grand Slam title.
Now ranked 35th, Wozniacki was due to play in a select women's field at Kooyong but informed Australian organizers Monday that she was withdrawing.
"She's pulled up a bit sore after playing (at the ASB Classic) in Auckland so as a precaution ahead of the Open she's decided not to play," tournament director Peter Johnston said.
Wonziacki reached the singles semifinals at the ASB Classic and the doubles final with long-time friend Serena Williams, the first time the two have combined in doubles
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Eviction: Madhurima Tuli Says Vishal Aditya 'Made Mountain out of Molehill'
- PUBG Addiction: 25-Year-Old Suffers Brain Stroke While Playing Game, Dies
- East Bengal Fans Hold Anti-CAA, NRC Protest During Kolkata Derby in I-League 2019-20
- Rest Your Trailblazing Soul: Dwayne Johnson Pays Homage to Father Rocky
- 'Kambal Chor' Trends on Twitter as Videos of UP Police 'Stealing' Blankets from Protesters Go Viral