Cincinnati Masters: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna Crash Out
Rohan Bopanna and Sania Mirza bowed out of the Cincinnati Masters after losing their quarterfinal and semifinal with respective partners in the men's and women's doubles.
Sania Mirza. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Rohan Bopanna and Sania Mirza bowed out of the Cincinnati Masters after losing their quarterfinal and semifinal with respective partners in the men's and women's doubles.
Bopanna and his Croatian partner Ivan Dodig lost 1-6 7-6 7-10 to second seeds Lukasz Kubot of Poland and Marcelo Melo in an enthralling three-setter quarterfinal that lasted one hour and 36 minutes.
In the WTA event, being run simultaneously, Sania Mirza and Shuai Peng lost to Hsie Su-Wei of Taiwan and Moncia Niculescu of Romania 4-6 6-7 in the women's doubles semifinal lasting one hour and 33 minutes.
The Indo-Chinese duo were found wanting in the first set but made amends later on, forcing the second set into a tiebreaker. However, Niculescu and Su-Wei were up to the task and did not allow the match to go to the decider.
In the men's singles, Ramkumar Ramanathan had lost in the second round while Leander Paes and his partner Alexander Zverev had exited in the first round itself in the men's doubles.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image
- Europa League 2019, Manchester United vs Astana Live Streaming: When and Where to Watch Live Telecast