CWG 2018: Boxer Manoj Kumar Enters 69kg Quarters
Indian boxer Manoj Kumar entered the quarter-final round, defeating Kassim Mbundwike of Tanzania in the men's 69kilogram category at the 21st Commonwealth Games here on Saturday
Manoj Kumar. (Getty Images)
Indian boxer Manoj Kumar entered the quarter-final round, defeating Kassim Mbundwike of Tanzania in the men's 69kilogram category at the 21st Commonwealth Games here on Saturday.
Manoj thrashed Mbundwike 5-0 in a unanimous decision. The all four judges gave him 30-27 advantage.
Right through the match Manoj played brilliantly, landing a flurry of punches flying from both sides of the ring.
Manoj Kumar continued his attack and forced the Tanzanian boxer to defend in the scond round.
Soon, the furious attacking from the Indian boxer left his opponent short of energy and at the end Mbundwike surrendered the match.
Manoj will now face Nickolas Terry of Australia on April 10.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Malaika Arora Shows How to Stretch in Her Monday Motivation Pics, See Here
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day