CWG 2018: Boxer Manoj Kumar Enters 69kg Quarters
Indian boxer Manoj Kumar entered the quarter-final round, defeating Kassim Mbundwike of Tanzania in the men's 69kilogram category at the 21st Commonwealth Games here on Saturday
Manoj Kumar. (Getty Images)
Indian boxer Manoj Kumar entered the quarter-final round, defeating Kassim Mbundwike of Tanzania in the men's 69kilogram category at the 21st Commonwealth Games here on Saturday.
Manoj thrashed Mbundwike 5-0 in a unanimous decision. The all four judges gave him 30-27 advantage.
Right through the match Manoj played brilliantly, landing a flurry of punches flying from both sides of the ring.
Manoj Kumar continued his attack and forced the Tanzanian boxer to defend in the scond round.
Soon, the furious attacking from the Indian boxer left his opponent short of energy and at the end Mbundwike surrendered the match.
Manoj will now face Nickolas Terry of Australia on April 10.
Recommended For You
- Kota Girl Does The Impossible, Cracks All Major Competitive Exams in India
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Kuldeep & Chahal Have Worked Well for India: Harbhajan
- A Deleted Scene in Game of Thrones has All The Answers About Cersei's Pregnancy
- KTM RC 125 ABS launched at Rs 1.47 Lakh in India
- This DC Modified Mahindra Marazzo Can Make a Luxury Private Jet Shy
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s