CWG Medal Most Memorable, Says Paddler Sanil Shetty
Inducted into the Indian table tennis team at the last moment, Sanil Shetty bagged a bronze in men's doubles event at the Commonwealth Games and described it as "most memorable"
Twitter/ Doordarshan Sports
Mumbai: Inducted into the Indian table tennis team at the last moment, Sanil Shetty bagged a bronze in men's doubles event at the Commonwealth Games and described it as "most memorable".
"This medal will be my most memorable medal because if you win you (are) there on the podium but if you lose its nothing... so it was do or die situation for me and Harmeet (Desai)... and we did what was exactly needed to win that bronze medal," Shetty said.
Harmeet and Shetty sailed past Singapore's Poh Shao Feng Ethan and Pang Yew En Koen 3-0 (11-5, 11-6, 12-10) in the bronze medal match. "I'm really happy to add this extra medal in the Indian medal tally and to come back to India with 2 medals, a gold and a bronze," Shetty added.
Shetty was inducted in the team in place of Soumyajit Ghosh. He was also part of the Indian men's Table team which bagged the gold medal in the CWG after they outclassed Nigeria 3-0 in the final.
"Really big thanks to TTFI (Table Tennis Federation of India),SAI (Sports Authority of India), our coach and the supporting staff," he signed off.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Is POCO Telling Realme That 5G is Irrelevant Right Now? If Yes, They Are Absolutely Right
- Hotstar Hammered With 1-star Ratings After it Censored John Oliver’s Episode on PM Modi
- Shweta Tiwari Twins with Daughter Palak and Son Reyansh in Yellow at Family Wedding
- Indian Idol 11 Winner Sunny Hindustani Says He Borrowed Money for Audition
- Ever Wondered How Apollo 13 Astronauts Saw The Moon? NASA Has a Video You Must See