CWG 2018: Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa Storm Into Squash Women's Doubles Final
Defending champions Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa outplayed England's Laura Massaro and Sarah-Jane Perry to storm into the final of women's doubles squash at the 21st Commonwealth Games here on Saturday
(IMAGE: Twitter/ Doordarshan Sports)
Gold Coast (Australia): Defending champions Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa outplayed England's Laura Massaro and Sarah-Jane Perry to storm into the final of women's doubles squash at the 21st Commonwealth Games here on Saturday.
Dipika and Joshna prevailed in straight games 2-0 (11-10, 11-5) to seal their place in the final.
The Indian duo faced a stiff competition in the opening game with saw the tide tiltling either side before Dipika and Joshna edged past in 13 minutes.
There was no match to the Indians in the second game, dominating the one-sided contest and picking it in mere 10 minutes.
The Indian duo will face New Zealand's Joelle King and Amanda Landers-Murphy in the final on Sunday.
Joelle and Amanda beat Australians Rachael Grinham and Donna Urquhart 2-0 (11-9, 11-5) in the other semi-final.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ellen DeGeneres Welcomes Viral 'Shallow' Singer on Her Show, Watch Full Performance
- Asim Riaz Rehearses with Jacqueline Fernandez for Upcoming Project, Watch Boomerang Video
- WARNING! Update Your Google Chrome Browser Right Now; Nothing Else is as Important
- Responsible Doggo Shows up at Police Station to 'File' a Missing Report of Himself
- Balakot Airstrike Anniversary: A Look at IAF Mirage-2000 Jet, Unsung Hero That Destroyed Jaish Terror Camps