Dangal in Real Life: How Geeta Phogat Won the 2010 Commonwealth Games Gold
Geeta's 2010 Commonwealth Games Gold medal was perfectly showcased in the movie and is a treat for all those who haven't witnessed the real bout that was hosted at the Indira Gandhi Arena in the Capital.
Geeta Phogat. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Based on the journey of Arjuna awardee Mahavir Singh Phogat and his daughters, Aamir Khan's movie 'Dangal' is already breaking box-office records.
Apart from Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan, the film has seen superb acting from Fatima Sana Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra, who play the characters of Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari respectively.
Dangal is an inspirational story of how Mahavir trained his two daughters — Geeta and Babita — to become renowned wrestlers.
The Phogat sisters went on to win gold medals in the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
Geeta’s 2010 Commonwealth Games Gold medal was perfectly showcased in the movie and is a treat for all those who haven’t witnessed the real bout that was hosted at the Indira Gandhi Arena in the capital.
The real-life Geeta had posted a magnificent 1-0, 7-0 victory over Australia’s Emily Bensted in the 55kg freestyle wrestling final to clinch the Gold.
WATCH: Geeta Phogat's gold medal match at 2010 Commonwealth Games
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- You Can Now Talk to Amazon Alexa in Hindi or Hinglish
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro