Date for Vijender Singh's Next Fight Announced, Opponent's Name Yet to Be Revealed
Vijender Singh will fight his next professional boxing match in Dubai on November 22.
File photo of Vijender Singh. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
New Delhi: After a winning start in the American professional circuit, Indian boxing star Vijender Singh will next be seen in action in Dubai on November 22 against a yet-to-be-finalised opponent.
The unbeaten Vijender (11-0, 8 KOs) will look to extend his unbeaten record on a card promoted by Round 10 Boxing and MTK Global, in association with Top Rank -- the Indian's promoters in the USA. The name of his opponent will be announced later.
Vijender claimed a Technical Knockout against Mike Snider in his US debut fight in July.
The hard-hitting super-middleweight is currently training in Manchester under his trainer Lee Beard, a press release from the organisers stated.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for me to showcase my skills and to keep active as I continue my world title quest," Vijender said.
"I was proud of my last performance back in July, but I was coming off a long layoff. I am rounding into form, and fans are going to see the best version of Vijender Singh when I fight in Dubai," he added.
November's bill also features WBO world No.1 Jack Catterall.
Round 10 Boxing is Dubai's only exclusive boxing club.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- Mentalhood Teaser Out, Karisma Kapoor Shares the 'Madness in a Mom's Life'
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: Australia Edge India 4-3
- Mentally Unsound Man Poses as Doctor, Prescribes Medicines to Patients in Madhya Pradesh
- Brisbane Student Offers Rs 950 to Kill Cockroach in His Room, Are You up for It?