Davis Cup 2017: Bengaluru to Host India, Uzbekistan Tie
Bengaluru will host the second round of the Asia/Oceania Group 1 tie between India and Uzbekistan which is due to start on April 7, the All India Tennis Association (AITA) announced on Thursday.
Leander Paes (L) and Vishnu Vardhan in action in the Davis Cup. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Bengaluru will host the second round of the Asia/Oceania Group 1 tie between India and Uzbekistan which is due to start on April 7, the All India Tennis Association (AITA) announced on Thursday.
The last time Bengaluru hosted a Davis Cup tie was a World Group play-off against Serbia in 2014.
"All India Tennis Association (AITA) has decided that Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group 1-second round tie between India and Uzbekistan to be played at home from April 7-9 will be held at Bengaluru, under the aegis of Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association," the AITA said in an official statement.
Commenting on the development, Senior Vice-President of the Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association (KSLTA) and organising committee chairman R. Ashoka said: "KSLTA has always been in the forefront of promoting the sport of Tennis and has been playing host to some amazing International Tennis events."
"We are thankful to the Hon'ble Chief Minister of Karnataka for having extended his support to make this possible. We are confident of making this a successful event and this should be a treat to the sports lover of Bengaluru," he added.
Earlier this month, India defeated New Zealand 4-1 in the first round of the Asian Oceania Group 1 Davis Cup tie to advance to the next stage of the competition.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Declares Love for Ranbir Kapoor at Awards Show and He Can't Stop Blushing, Watch Video
- Lok Sabha Elections: 87,000 WhatsApp Groups Will Bombard Voters With Messages, But How Many Are Linked to Political Parties?
- Is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Expecting Her Second Child?
- Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner Bring Back '2000s Bucket Hat Trend
- PUBG Mobile Ban: India Could Get Six Hour Play Time Restriction to Curb Addiction
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s