Davis Cup: India to Face Croatia Away in Qualifiers If They Beat Pakistan
India, if they beat Pakistan in the upcoming Davis Cup tie will meet Croatia for the World Group Qualifiers in March next year.
India vs Pakistan in the Davis Cup.
Madrid: The Indian Davis Cup team will travel to Croatia for the World Group Qualifiers in March next year if they beat Pakistan in the upcoming tie in Nur-Sultan.
The draw for the Qualifiers, to be held on March 6 and 7, was made here on Sunday.
A strong Indian side is expected to steamroll a depleted Pakistan during the November 29-30 tie in the Kazakhstan capital where sub-zero temperature will welcome the players from both sides.
Croatia, the 2018 champions crashed out in the group stage of this week's tournament in Madrid.
India and Croatia have clashed only once in Davis Cup history when Leander Paes-led hosts beat them 3-2 on grass courts in New Delhi in 1995.
The four semifinalists from this year's finals in Madrid -- Spain, Canada Great Britain and Russia -- will qualify automatically for next year's event.
Serbia and France have been granted wild cards which means 24 teams will clash with each other for the remaining 12 places.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 75 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Hindustani Bhau on Weekend Ka Vaar
- WWE And TikTok Have Tied Up, You Will Now Get Official Wrestler Entrance Themes
- Samsung Clarifies They Have Not Sold 1 Million Galaxy Fold Smartphones, Yet
- PhonePe Clocks 5 Billion Transactions And Registers 5X Growth in The Past Year
- Premier League: Chinese TV Pulls Arsenal Match after Mesut Ozil's Uighur Comments