Diagnosed With Acute Gastroenteritis, Saina Advised Hospitalisation
Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal has been advised hospitalisation after being diagnosed with "acute gastroenteritis" which forced her to pull out of the ongoing Swiss Open Badminton Championship in Basel, Switzerland.
(Photo credit: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal has been advised hospitalisation after being diagnosed with "acute gastroenteritis" which forced her to pull out of the ongoing Swiss Open Badminton Championship in Basel, Switzerland.
Saina, who reached the quarter-finals of the All England Championship, said that she played with "acute stomach pain".
On Wednesday, she posted on her official instagram page that she will be taking a break on doctor's advice to get admitted to hospital for further treatment.
"So some sad news .. was really going through acute stomach pain from last Monday.. managed to play few matches in All England with lot of pain ... and decided to skip Swiss open and come back to India and find out the issue," Saina wrote on her Instagram page.
"...I found out it's Acute Gastroenteritis with mild pancreatitis and the doctors have recommended me to get admitted and hopefully I recover soon out of it ...," she added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Milky Way's 'Very Bright' Star Slowly Losing its Light over Recent Months is Puzzling Astronomers
- Australian 'Croc Wrangler' Joins Quest to Help Indonesian Crocodile with Tyre Around its Neck
- The Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband is Good Enough to Deserve a Complete Review
- Official Olympics, FC Barcelona Twitter Accounts Hacked
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra India Price Announced: Here Are All The Details