Dominic Thiem Wins 16th Career Title With Vienna Final Triumph Over Diego Schwartzman
Vienna Open: Dominic Thiem won his fifth title of 2019 with a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 win over Diego Schwartzman.
Dominic Thiem has won three ATP 500 tournaments this year. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Vienna: Top seed Dominic Thiem claimed his 16th career title and fifth of 2019 on Sunday with a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 comeback win over Argentina's Diego Schwartzman in the Vienna ATP final.
The 26-year-old Austrian delighted a packed home crowd in a victory stretched over two hours and 25 minutes.
Thiem improved to 9-0 in his home country this year, having also lifted the Kitzbuhel trophy in August without dropping a set.
World number five Thiem is the first player to lift five tour-level trophies in 2019, breaking a five-way tie with Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Daniil Medvedev.
The Roland Garros runner-up added Vienna to Kitzbuhel, Beijing, Barcelona and Indian Wells.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tik-Tok Prepares to Take On Instagram And Facebook With Shopping Links in Posts
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet
- Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor's New Good Newwz Poster Unveiled Ahead of Trailer Release
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- U-17 Women's Championship: Lynda Kom Stars as Lionesses Thrash Tigresses to Win Title