Dubai Open: Roger Federer Eases into Round Two
Roger Federer breezed back into action to reach the second round of the Dubai Open with a straightforward 6-1 6-3 over erratic Frenchman Benoit Paire on Monday.
Roger Federer. (Getty Images)
Dubai: Roger Federer breezed back into action to reach the second round of the Dubai Open with a straightforward 6-1 6-3 over erratic Frenchman Benoit Paire on Monday.
In his first match since memorably claiming his 18th grand slam title by beating Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open a month ago, the 35-year-old was immediately back in the old routine to give Paire the runaround.
Paire was warned for unsportsmanlike behaviour at one point after hurling his racket and also needed treatment on a foot injury. Federer claimed victory in less than an hour.
The Swiss, who does much of his training in Dubai, is looking for his eighth title at the tournament.
Top seed and world number one Andy Murray also returns after a lengthy layoff, which included a bout of shingles, when he takes on Tunisia's Malek Jaziri on Tuesday.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Makdee Actor Shweta Basu Prasad Marries Boyfriend Rohit Mittal in a Bengali Ceremony, See Pics
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- Aquaman Movie Review: Jason Momoa, Powered by Amber Heard, Shines in DC's Newest Superhero Movie
- YouTube's 'Chill' Response to the Most Disliked Video Gets a Thumbs Down From Fans
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: Motorcycle Of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s