Dutee Chand Finishes Fifth in 200m Final
Dutee Chand, followed up her impressive gold in the 100m, with a fifth-place finish in the 200m final at the World University Games.
File image of Dutee Chand. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Napoli: Competing in her fifth race in three days, Dutee Chand finished fifth in the women's 200m final at the World University Games here.
Dutee clocked 23.30 seconds in the race, a tad slower than her bronze-winning time of 23.24 at the Asian Championships in April. She has a personal best of 23.00 seconds in 200m.
The 23-year-old later competed in the women's 4x100m relay, her sixth race in three days, but the Indian quartet could only finish sixth in heat 1 and overall 13th with a time of 46.23 seconds.
The Indian men's 4x100m relay team clocked 40.73 seconds to finish fourth in heat number 3 and 11th overall.
Dutee had become the first Indian woman track and field athlete to clinch a gold medal at the World Universiade after she won the 100m dash event on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Ali Fazal Catches Up with Game of Thrones Actress Nathalie Emmanuel, See Pic
- Nach Baliye 9 Contestant Vishal Aditya Singh Says He is Not Friends with Madhurima Tuli
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?
- After HDFC Bank Warning to Customers About Fraudsters, AnyDesk Details Security Measures in Place
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Rohit And Bumrah Makes It To The ICC World Cup XI