Elina Svitolina Through to First Wimbledon Semi-final, To Face Simona Halep
Elina Svitolina defeated Karolina Muchova in straight sets to book her first-ever semi-final at Wimbledon, where she will face Simona Halep.
Elina Svitolina will play her first Wimbledon semi-final (Photo Credit: Reuters)
London: Ukraine eighth seed Elina Svitolina reached her first Wimbledon semi-final on Tuesday with a 7-5, 6-4 win over unseeded Karolina Muchova of the Czech Republic.
Svitolina will take on Romania's Simona Halep who earlier defeated China's Zhang Shuai 7-6 (7/4), 6-1 to book her place in the last-four for the second time.
Svitolina had been 5-2 down in the first set and also had to retrieve a break in the second before seeing off world number 68 Muchova.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge