Fed's or Tail? Roger Federer Celebrates Getting Honoured on Swiss Coins
Roger Federer will become the first living Swiss to have a coin minted in their honour, with a commemorative 20 franc.
Roger Federer (Photo Credit: Twitter)
Roger Federer has been honoured with the Swiss government announcing to produce a 20 franc silver coin with the tennis legend's image on it.
In fact, it is the first time it the Swiss government dedicated a commemorative coin to a living person.
The "heads" side of the coin shows Federer playing a one-handed backhand.
Federer took to social media to joke saying, "Fed’s or tail?".
Thanks, Fed’s or tail??? https://t.co/R4yNtWPgIv— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) December 3, 2019
"Thank you Switzerland and Swissmint for this incredible honour and privilege," Federer also wrote on Twitter.
A 50 franc gold coin with Federer's image on it will be minted next year.
The government said that the 20-time Grand Slam champion is "probably Switzerland's most successful individual sportsman, he is also the perfect ambassador for Switzerland."
The government says a limited edition of up to 95,000 Federer coins can be ordered, costing 30 Swiss francs. They will be dispatched in January.
The 50 franc coin will have a different design.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- YouTube Rewind 2019 Seems to Have Outdone Itself in Being Bad, 'Lazy, and Low Budget'
- Emma Stone, Boyfriend Dave McCarry are Engaged
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game
- Instagram Will Verify How Old The New Users Are, But Age is Just a Number