FIFA Rankings: India Move Up Two Places to 105
The Indian football team on received a boost in FIFA rankings, a week after qualifying for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup by moving up two places to be at the 105th spot.
Sunil Chhetri in action for India. (Indian Football Team/Twitter)
New Delhi: The Indian football team on received a boost in FIFA rankings, a week after qualifying for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup by moving up two places to be at the 105th spot.
The 'Blue Tigers' were ranked 107th last month but they are now at 105th in the latest rankings, courtesy their win over Macau in the AFC Asian Cup 2019 qualifiers last week.
With 328 ranking points, India are just a rung below Zimbabwe and one spot above Niger.
Among the Asian Football Confederation countries, India are at 14th spot.
The 4-1 win over Macau on October 11 saw India qualify for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup in the UAE.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Shahid Kapoor Posts Most Adorable Pic of His Son Zain And Netizens Call Him Actor's 'Xerox Copy'
- Facebook Clear History Tool Lets You Control Data Shared With Apps And Websites
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?