FIFA U-17 World Cup: Mamata Says Kolkata Clocked Over 45 Per Cent of Total Spectators
West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said Kolkata clocked in the highest spectator count among all venues of the just-concluded FIFA U-17 World Cup.
(Image Credits: News 18)
Kolkata: West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said Kolkata clocked in the highest spectator count among all venues of the just-concluded FIFA U-17 World Cup.
"Kolkata achieves a unique position in the U-17 World Cup. Out of 13 lakh 47 thousand spectators in India who watched the U-17 matches in all the venues, Kolkata is the highest with 6 lakh 8 thousand watching it at the Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan," Banerjee said in a Facebook post.
She said this figure is "more than 45 per cent of the total spectator count."
"Next highest is Delhi with 19.78 per cent. The per match spectator average in India is 25,906, while in Kolkata it is 55,345 - more than double. It is all about our passion for football and the excellent arrangements at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan," she added.
Recommended For You
- On Aarav's Birthday, Akshay Kumar Says He is Glad to Be on His Son's Speed Dial
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5