That's it, it's all over here and Spain win 4-0! They have bounced back from perfectly from their 2-1 loss against Brazil, and ar enow in pole position to qualify. Captain Abel Ruiz scores a brace as Spain absolutely romp through. The coach will certainly be pleased with that performance. They will now take on Korea DPR in their final group game.
- GOAL! Spain add another, it looked like a matter of time before they added another and Sergio Gomez has done just that. It's a good goal, a low left-footed drive from outside of the box into the right bottom corner. Goalkeeper had no chance. Spain up 4-0 with 83 minutes gone.
- GOAL! Spain score the third goal in added time of firs thalf, first Abel Ruiz gets a shot which is punched away by the keeper, but the ball is again put in the box, in the danger area by Sergio Gomez, its a beautiful curling cross. The goalkeeper tries to come for it, but can't get a touch. Cesar just places it in the roof of the net. Great finish. Spain lead 3-0.
- GOAL! Spain get their second goal before the half-time break, Abel Ruiz earns a free-kick after a hand ball, Sergio Gomez takes the free kick, which is a drill right off the training ground.He passes it to Abel Ruiz inside the box and the Barcelona player gets a deflected shot to beat the keeper. Spain looking comfortable now.
- GOAL! Abel Ruiz finds the back off the net, and Niger won't be happy with that. Silly goal to concede from their point of view, it was a good cross from the wings from Juan Miranda which caught the Niger defence napping. Nobody attempts to clear it, and Abel Ruiz completes an easy tap-in. Spain lead 1-0.
- The Niger line-up is as follow Khaled LAWALI (GK), Yacine WA MASSAMBA, Farouk IDRISSA, Habibou SOFIANE, Karim TINNI (C), Djibrilla IBRAHIM, Kader ABOUBACAR, Rachid SOUMANA, Ibrahim BOUBACAR, Ibrahim NAMATA, Salim ABDOURAHMANE.
- The line-ups for the game are out, and this is the Spanish starting XI Alvaro FERNANDEZ (GK), MATEU JAUME, Juan MIRANDA, Hugo GUILLAMON, Victor CHUST, Antonio BLANCO, Ferran TORRES, Mohamed MOUKHLISS,Abel RUIZ (C), Sergio GOMEZ, Cesar GELABERT.
The Spaniards took an early lead but allowed the Brazillians to come back into the match and score two goals. They will now have to shrug off that defeat and beat Niger at the Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium to assert their title ambitions.
Any slip up by Spain, who are chasing their maiden FIFA U-17 World Cup triumph, against an upbeat Niger may lead to complications in the race for a knock-out berth. Spain, who had five players from the famous La Masia academy and four from Real Madrid academy, were hit hard by the high humidity of Kochi in the clash against Brazil.
That's the end of the first half, and what half it has been for the European Champions, at one point it looked as if it might be a frustrating day for them, but their captain and star man Abel Ruiz opened the scoring, and then added another before Cesar's goal just before half-time has all but sealed the deal for the Spaniards.
Spain go close again, this time Miranda heads over the bar when he should have buried it. It was a great looping cross from Abel Ruiz, and Miranda had a free header. He mistimes his jump a bit and heads it over the bar. 28 minutes gone and Spain lead 1-0 as we head for a cooling break in these sapping conditions!
Hello everyone, and welcome to our live blog! It's a must win game today for Spain, who lost the first match to Brazil after taking the early lead. Niger meanwhile can seal their progress to the next round, if they manage to upset Spain. This promises to be a thrilling encounter, and we will bring you all the live updates from Kochi!
Abel Ruiz. (Twitter/David Cartlidge)
Ruiz is an attacking player and was one of the La Masia talents courted by top premier league clubs like Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea. He racked up a record 16 goals in the recently-concluded EURO U-17 competition and is considered one of the most exciting talents in the country.
He is more than just a goalscorer. It was under his leadership that Spain won their ninth UEFA European U 17 Championships earlier this year. The 17-year-old Torres is another bright prospect at the moment and two La Liga giants -- Barcelona and Real Madrid -- have shown interest in the young striker.
Niger, on the other hand, are also upbeat after their maiden win in the U-17 World Cup against North Korea in their campaign opener. It will not be a cakewalk for Spain tomorrow as Niger have come into this tournament as the giant-killers. They sent five-time U-17 world champions Nigeria crashing out of the India event in the African qualifiers.
In the match against North Korea, Niger were no doubt the better side with more possession and more shots on target. They deservedly won with Salim Abdourahmane scoring the all-important goal in the 59th minute. But it will be a completely different ball game for Niger when they face the formidable Spaniards, admired for their flair.
Spain: Alvaro Fernandez, Mateu Jaume, Juan Miranda, Hugo Guillamon, Victor Chust, Antonio Blanco, Ferran Torres, Mohamed Moukhliss, Abel Ruiz, Sergio Gomez, Nacho Diaz, Pedro Ruiz. Marc Vidal, Alvaro Garcia, Eric Garcia, Diego Pampin, Jose Lara, Cesar Gelabert, Carlos Beitia, Victor Perea, Alfonso Pastor.
Niger: Moussa Laouali, Yacine Wa Massamba, Mahamadou Mahamane, Nasser Mahaman, Farouk Idrissa, Ismael Issaka, Habibou Sofiane, Kairou Amoustapha, Rachid Alfari, Karim Tinni, Djibrilla Ibrahim, Yacouba Aboubacar, Kader Aboubacar, Rachid Soumana, Abdoulaye Boubacar, Ibrahim Boubacar, Ibrahim Namata, Salim Abdourahmane, Hamid Galissoune, Khaled Lawali.
23 Mar, 2019 | ICC WT20 East Asia Pacific Qualifier vs PHI 156/620.0 overs /oversVanuatu beat Philippines by 63 runs
22 Mar, 2019 | ICC WT20 East Asia Pacific Qualifier vs PNG 124/620.0 overs 125/215.2 oversPapua New Guinea beat Vanuatu by 8 wickets
22 Mar, 2019 | ICC WT20 East Asia Pacific Qualifier PNG vs PHI 216/420.0 overs /oversPapua New Guinea beat Philippines by 133 runs
22 Mar, 2019 | Sri Lanka in South Africa SA vs SL 180/320.0 overs 164/920.0 oversSouth Africa beat Sri Lanka by 16 runs
22 Mar, 2019 | Pakistan and Australia in UAE PAK vs AUS 280/550.0 overs 281/249.0 oversAustralia beat Pakistan by 8 wickets