Home » News » Sports » Finn Balor vs Conor McGregor on the Cards? Triple H Extends Invitation to UFC Mega Star
2-MIN READ

Finn Balor vs Conor McGregor on the Cards? Triple H Extends Invitation to UFC Mega Star

Trending Desk

Last Updated: February 27, 2021, 14:24 IST

Finn Balor to fight Conor McGregor? (Photo Credit: Twitter)

Finn Balor to fight Conor McGregor? (Photo Credit: Twitter)

Officially, there has been no conversation around McGregor being in talks with WWE.

Things seem to be getting exciting for wrestling fans after WWE Executive Vice President for Talent, Live Events & Creative and the legend, Triple H extended an invitation to Conor McGregor. The conversation around this started after Irish wrestler Finn Bálor tweeted a photo of toy models of all three of them in the ring. In his tweet,Balor had written, “Triple H x @TheNotoriousMMA x Bálor."Retweeting his post, McGregor wrote, “No more mr. nice guy!”Sharing the UFC featherweight and lightweight champion’s tweet, Triple H said, “Just say when.”

RELATED NEWS

Various reports regarding McGregor have linked him with a switch to WWE from UFC. This is not the first time Triple H has shown enthusiasm to include McGregor. Triple H had previously wanted to include him in the WWE roster back in 2016, after witnessing him take away the UFC Lightweight title. McGregor had defeated Eddie Alvarez at Madison Square Garden. Triple H had also told the media, “He (Conor McGregor) could come over, he’s got it all, man – he’s got the personality, the skills, the talk. He’s an entertainer, for sure.”

Officially, there has been no conversation around McGregor being in talks with WWE. However, it is worth mentioning that rumours of his appearance in WWE have been afloat for quite some time. If things materialise, there are chances that the fans may witness a face off between the two legends.

Balor had also challenged him in the past on Twitter. In 2019, he had replied to McGregor’s Mixed Martial Art retirement tweet, saying that he would want to see him at the Mania. The UFC featherweight champion had not mentioned anything regarding his plans in that particular post. A part of his tweet read, “I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition. I now join my former partners on this venture, already in retirement.”

At that time too, fans had expected that they would be soon seeing a face off. However, nothing of that sort happened.

Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here

first published:February 27, 2021, 14:20 IST
last updated:February 27, 2021, 14:24 IST