Former FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke Appeals 10-year Soccer Ban
Former FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke has appealed against his 10-year ban from all soccer related activities, the Switzerland-based Court of Arbitration for Sport said on Tuesday.
File image of former FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke. (Getty Images)
Zurich: Former FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke has appealed against his 10-year ban from all soccer related activities, the Switzerland-based Court of Arbitration for Sport said on Tuesday.
Valcke is appealing against the decision issued by FIFA's Appeal Committee dated June 24, 2016, Lausanne-based CAS said, following a corruption investigation.
The French national, the right-hand man to FIFA's now-banned president Sepp Blatter for eight years, was found guilty by the soccer body of misconduct over the sale of World Cup tickets, abuse of travel expenses, attempting to sell TV rights below their market value and destruction of evidence.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Evicted from Salman Khan's Show, Calls His Journey Unpredictable
- Sanya Malhotra Grooves to Ghungroo from War, Sets Dance Floor and Social Media on Fire
- New Olympic and Paralymic Emblem, Paris 2024 Unveils Golden Marianne Logo