French Open: Bhambri-Sharan Crash Out in Second Round
Indian men's doubles pair of Yuki Bhambri and Divij Sharan crashed out of the French Open, going down to second seeds Oliver Marach and Mate Pavic here on Friday.
File image of Divij Sharan and Yuki Bhambri. (All Indian Radio/ Twitter Image)
Paris: Indian men's doubles pair of Yuki Bhambri and Divij Sharan crashed out of the French Open, going down to second seeds Oliver Marach and Mate Pavic here on Friday.
In the round of 32 match, which lasted around an hour and 17 minutes, the Indian pair was outplayed in straight sets 5-7, 3-6.
The tennis match was neck and neck in the first set before the Indian pair bit the dust 5-7.
In the second set, their opponents lifted their game and started attacking to wrap up the issue comfortably.
The Indian duo managed to win 49 points in total compared to 63 won by their opponents.
Earlier, in the opening round, Bhambri and Sharan defeated their compatriots Purav Raja and Fabrice Martin to advance.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response
- Anu Malik Steps Down as Indian Idol Judge After Growing Outcry Against Him Over #MeToo Allegations
- Fans Feel Sorry for Rashami in Sidharth-Asim Fight, Ananya Panday Gives Back to Kartik Aaryan for Trolling Her
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- These Four Xiaomi Mi TV Models are Getting Android TV 9.0 Update