French Open: Purav-Divij Enter Pre-quarters, Paes Exits Men's Doubles
The Indian pair of Purav Raja and Divij Sharan advanced to the pre-quarterfinals after an upset win but their senior compatriot Leander Paes made an exit in the men's doubles of the French Open here on Friday.
Paris: The Indian pair of Purav Raja and Divij Sharan advanced to the pre-quarterfinals after an upset win but their senior compatriot Leander Paes made an exit in the men's doubles of the French Open here on Friday.
The unseeded Raja and Sharan upstaged the 15th-seeded Austrian-Croat combo of Oliver Marach and Mate Pavic 6-4 3 -6 6-4 in a second-round match that lasted two hours and 11 minutes to enter the men's doubles pre-quarterfinals.
The duo will next face the 11th seeded team of Jean- Julien Rojer of The Netherlands and Romania's Horia Tecau.
The young Indian pair sent down five aces and also converted two of the five break point chances that came their way.
Oliver and Mate paid the price for failing to convert the six break point opportunities.
In another second round match, Paes and his American partner Scott Lipsky lost 6-7 2-6 to crash out of the tournament.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019: Five First Time Overseas Players to Watch Out For
- Xiaomi Redmi Go India Launch Today: How to Watch Live Stream, Expected Price, Specifications And More
- Pewdiepie Briefly Lost World's Popular Battle for the Most Subscribed Channel on YouTube to T-Series
- Reel Movie Awards 2019: Had to Sacrifice A Lot When 'Tumbbad' was Realised, Says Sohum Shah
- Netflix Will Not be Joining The Upcoming Apple TV Streaming Service, at Least For The Moment
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s