Gatlin Wins His First 100m Race of Season
Reigning world champion Justin Gatlin clocked 10.05 seconds to win his season opening 100 metre race at the Grenada Invitational track meet on Saturday
Justin Gatlin (Image: Reuters)
Los Angeles: Reigning world champion Justin Gatlin clocked 10.05 seconds to win his season opening 100 metre race at the Grenada Invitational track meet on Saturday.
The 36-year-old American beat out runner-up Isiah Young, who finished in 10.11 seconds, while Mike Rodgers ran 10.17 as Americans swept all three podium spots at the Kirani James Stadium.
Gatlin missed competing in the inaugural Grenada meet last year because of an injury.
Gatlin, who was twice suspended for doping, upset the legendary Usain Bolt to claim the 100 metre title at the 2017 World Championships. Bolt took the bronze.
Last month, he competed at the Athletix Grand Prix in South Africa where he finished fourth in the 150 metres behind winner Anaso Jobodwana.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Sara Ali Khan Greets Salman Khan with Aadaab and Internet is Loving it
- These Memes From Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan Trailer Prove That the Film is Already a Hit
- Ratan Tata Shares Picture of That 'Friend' He Looks Forward to Meeting Everyday in Office
- PUBG Mobile Ban: Chandigarh Lawyer Files PIL, Compares the Battle Royal Game to Drugs
- OnePlus 8 Pro With 120Hz Refresh Rate Display Spotted in Leaked Photo