Griezmann Extends Deal With Atletico Madrid Till 2022, Say Reports
Atletico Madrid's French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday
Antoine Griezmann. (Reuters Photo)
Madrid: Atletico Madrid's French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday.
"Antoine Griezmann signed a contract with Atletico until 2022," Madrid sports daily Marca reported.
According to As newspaper, "Atletico has revised the player's salary to reward his performance" and made an "economic effort" to convince the player to stay.
The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Atletico but said earlier this month that he intended to stay at the club.
Griezmann arrived in Atletico in 2014 for 30 million euros from Real Sociedad, where he started his career in 2009.
He has scored 83 goals in 160 games for the club, with whom he reached the Champions League final in 2016
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Maya' Jennifer Winget Will Break All Boundaries in Beyhadh 2
- Mom and Dad, Sorry for All Those Times I Was a Prick: Shahid Kapoor
- Facebook Friends Who Met for the First Time During Durga Puja Get Married in 4 Hours
- A 'Seven-Headed' Snake Skin Discovered Near Bengaluru Has Left Locals Curious
- Nokia 6.2 Launched in India at Rs 15,999: Everything You Need to Know