Griezmann Extends Deal With Atletico Madrid Till 2022, Say Reports
Atletico Madrid's French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday
Antoine Griezmann. (Reuters Photo)
Madrid: Atletico Madrid's French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday.
"Antoine Griezmann signed a contract with Atletico until 2022," Madrid sports daily Marca reported.
According to As newspaper, "Atletico has revised the player's salary to reward his performance" and made an "economic effort" to convince the player to stay.
The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Atletico but said earlier this month that he intended to stay at the club.
Griezmann arrived in Atletico in 2014 for 30 million euros from Real Sociedad, where he started his career in 2009.
He has scored 83 goals in 160 games for the club, with whom he reached the Champions League final in 2016
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Defends Thugs of Hindostan Failure, Says People Have Been a Little Too Harsh
- Apple iPhone X Catches Fire During iOS 12.1 Update Process; Company to Investigate
- Millie Bobby Brown's Emotional Post After 'Stranger Things 3' Wrap Has Fans Worried
- Samsung to Launch Galaxy A9 in India This Month; First Phone Ever with Quad Cameras
- After Losing Her Fiancé in Lion Air Crash, Indonesian Woman Takes Wedding Photos Alone