Griezmann Extends Deal With Atletico Madrid Till 2022, Say Reports
Atletico Madrid's French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday
Antoine Griezmann. (Reuters Photo)
Madrid: Atletico Madrid's French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday.
"Antoine Griezmann signed a contract with Atletico until 2022," Madrid sports daily Marca reported.
According to As newspaper, "Atletico has revised the player's salary to reward his performance" and made an "economic effort" to convince the player to stay.
The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Atletico but said earlier this month that he intended to stay at the club.
Griezmann arrived in Atletico in 2014 for 30 million euros from Real Sociedad, where he started his career in 2009.
He has scored 83 goals in 160 games for the club, with whom he reached the Champions League final in 2016
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Prateik Babbar and Sanya Sagar Get Married in Maharashtrian Style, See Pics
- Marvel's The Punisher Season 2 Review: Despite Complicated Plots, Jon Bernthal Steals the Show as Frank Castle
- Netflix App on iPhone Now Allows Users to Share Movies And TV Shows They Are Watching as Instagram Stories
- Taking LA Streets by Storm, J Sisters Priyanka Chopra and Sophie Turner go on a Girls Night Out
- Pixar's First Woman Directed Short 'Bao' is Special and Not Just for the Oscar Nomination
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s