Hima Das Appointed First Youth Ambassador of UNICEF India
Asian Games gold-medallist sprinter Hima Das has been appointed as the first ever youth ambassador of United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) India.
New Delhi: Asian Games gold-medallist sprinter Hima Das has been appointed as the first ever youth ambassador of United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) India.
Reflecting on her appointment, the sprinter said that she is "honoured" to be chosen for the role.
"I'm honoured to be chosen as UNICEF India's Youth Ambassador, and I hope I will be able to inspire more children to follow their dreams," Das said.
Das, a native of Assam's Nagaon district, had clinched a gold medal in Women's 4 x 400 m Relay event at the 2018 Asian Games.
She had also won a silver medal in Women's 400m Race event with a timing of 50.59 seconds.
UNICEF India works with central government to ensure that each child born in this country gets the best start in life, thrives and develops to his or her full potential.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ragnarok Director Taika Waititi Finally Reveals Who's the Real Star of Thor Love and Thunder
- On Aarav's Birthday, Akshay Kumar Says He is Glad to Be on His Son's Speed Dial
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser