- INDIA LOSE: It's an unfortunate loss for the Indians. India displayed a lot of heart but could not prevent a 3-2 loss. But there is still a lot left in the tournament for India.
- GOAL: This is disaster for India. The Indian defence, especially Rupinder failed to block a good ball by England. But Ward doesn't miss the chance to score, and make it 3-2.
- RUPINDER STRIKES: India are back in the match now. That was a strong blow by Rupinder. He gets lows, generates a lot of power on his shot, and the ball thuds into the goalpost. It's 2-2.
- GOAL: India finally break the shackles. a penalty corner sees India score, Akashdeeptakes the ball on the rebound, and send the ball in the goal. It's 2-1.
- THIRD QUARTER: India were clearly better, but a lapse in defence saw them go down 2-0. The game has certainly slipped out of the grip of the Indians.
- PENALTY CORNER: India gets a first shot at the cherry. But the ball is blocked by English defence, but by foot. India gets another PC, but that also is blocked by the goalkeeper. That is shoddy stuff by India.
- GOAL: And the Indian defence succumbs. Ward was the only player in India's box, and managed to clear all the defenders, for an easy goal. England lead 2-0.
- NEAR MISS: India had a mini scare there. The English attacker received the ball cleanly and went for a shot. But it was a good save by the keeper.
- CHANCE: India had a clean ball in the opponent's box. But the defence line blocked the shot really well. India are still goalless.
- HALF-TIME: A disappointing turn of events see England take the lead. India could not maintain the burst of attacks , and there was only one shot on goal.
- GOAL: That's a costly error by the Indian defence. Despite marking the attacker, the Indian defence concedes a goal. A soft goal this one. England lead 1-0.
- PENALTY CORNER: Dipsan legs the ball inside the box, and that is ringing trouble for India. But the defence line avoids the goal.
- CHANCE: England start with a short-lived attack. India snatch back the possession. India have been playing the patient game. And suddenly Akashdeep gets in a great pass to Chinglensana. He takes a shot, but is wide of the goal.
- 1st QUARTER: Four Indian midfileders pass well to reach the circle, but England defence is agile, and ward-off the danger.
- INEFFECTIVE: England have had quite a few penetrations already, but the finishing is missing. The Indian defence has been too strong to deal with.
Catch all the live action from the Hockey World League final as India take on England in their second group game.
20 Oct, 2019 | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier HK vs OMA 102/1020.0 overs /oversOman beat Hong Kong by 7 wickets
19 Oct, 2019 | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier IRE vs UAE 125/1020.0 overs 129/517.0 oversUnited Arab Emirates beat Ireland by 5 wickets
19 Oct, 2019 | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier JER vs NIG 184/420.0 overs /oversJersey beat Nigeria by 69 runs
18 Oct, 2019 | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier UAE vs OMA 108/920.0 overs /oversOman beat United Arab Emirates by 7 wickets
18 Oct, 2019 | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier HK vs IRE 153/520.0 overs 155/217.2 oversIreland beat Hong Kong by 8 wickets