I-League 2017: Substitutes Secure 2-0 Win for Bengaluru FC
Late goals from substitutes Roby Norales and CK Vineeth helped Bengaluru FC defeat Chennai City FC 2-0 in the I-League here on Saturday.
File image of Bengaluru FC (Getty Images)
Bengaluru: Late goals from substitutes Roby Norales and CK Vineeth helped Bengaluru FC defeat Chennai City FC 2-0 in the I-League here on Saturday.
BFC started again with an all-Indian attack leaving Cameron Watson on the bench and having introduced Mandar Rao Dessai in the starting line-up.
Chennai City FC almost had the same first eleven from their last match sans the Afghani international Haroon Amiri and throwing the Brazilian forward duo Charles and Marcus in the starting eleven.
The first shot for the visitors came only in the 23rd minute of the match. Till then the visitors looked no match for the hosts, a team yet to settle down.
Chennai City FC defence kept doing double duty, focused more on clearing the ball rather building any attack. The strikers managed to squeeze past Bengaluru FC defence in few occasions but were ineffective in front of the goal.
Much to the wonder of supporters, Bengaluru failed to score in the first half.
At the beginning of the second-half, Chennai City FC substituted Marcus for local Bangalore boy Michael Regin.
The much awaited goal finally came in the 77th minute. The Honduran striker, Roby Norales, took advantage of a deflected ball and smashed it into the back of the net.
Bengaluru FC doubled the lead in three minutes from a dexterous cross by Udanta from the right flank, which Vineeth charging inside penalty box banged home.
Bengaluru FC play their next game at home in four days time against arch-rivals Mumbai FC.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 12 Evicted Contestant Jasleen Matharu Calls Her Affair With Anup Jalota a 'Stupid Prank'
- In Pics: Proud Mommy Kareena Cheers On As Taimur Wins First Medal at His School's Sports Day
- Gambhir Dismisses Rumours of Joining Politics, Open to Coaching
- Koffee With Karan: KJO's 2.4 Lakh Coat, Badshah-Diljit's Branded Outfit Will Make Your Wallets Cry
- Iconic Instagram-Friendly 'I Amsterdam' Sign Removed By City Due to Overcrowding