I-League: Minerva Beat Arrows to Bolster Lead
Minerva Punjab FC defeated Indian Arrows 1-0 to increase their lead at the top of the I-League points table here on Monday. Chencho Gyeltshen (80th minute) found the net towards the end of regulation time to hand the hosts all three points
Minerva players celebrate a goal. (Image: AIFF)
Ludhiana: Minerva Punjab FC defeated Indian Arrows 1-0 to increase their lead at the top of the I-League points table here on Monday. Chencho Gyeltshen (80th minute) found the net towards the end of regulation time to hand the hosts all three points.
Minerva now have 13 points from five matches, three clear of second-placed Shillong Lajong FC. Mohun Bagan are third with eight points. Chencho's goal was preceeded by some stubborn resistance by the Arrows.
Minerva were clearly the superior team with their players dominating their teenaged opponents both physically and technically. The hosts enjoyed greater ball possession throughout and created scoring chances at regular intervals. However, a combination of desperate defending by the visitors and some poor finishing prevented Minerva from enjoying a bigger victory margin.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right