India Bags Bronze in World Archery Youth Championships
Sukhbeer Singh, Sangampreet Singh Bisla and Tushar Phadtare won the bronze medal in the junior compound men's team event in the World Archery Youth Championships.
Indian Archery (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Madrid: The Indian team of Sukhbeer Singh, Sangampreet Singh Bisla and Tushar Phadtare clinched a bronze medal in the junior compound men's team event in the World Archery Youth Championships here on Friday.
Trailing by one point till the penultimate end, the Indian trio made a spectacular recovery, shooting a flawless final end with two Xs (closer to centre) to defeat Colombia's Jagdeep Teji Singh Mejia, Gomez Zuluaga Felipe and Toro Vasquez Manuel 234-231.
In the final, the Indians shot 60 out of 60 while the Colombians made 56 to lose the battle in the bronze play-off.
The compound junior mixed team of Raginee Markoo and Sukhbeer Singh also assured India of a second silver medal, beating their Iranian opponents Geesa Bybordy and Danial Heidarzadehdehkordi 154-151.
The Indian team will face Switzerland for Gold on Saturday.
On Thursday, 17-year-old Komalika Bari had assured India of a silver medal after she reached the final in the recurve cadet section.
Bari will face Sonoda Waka of Japan in the fight for the gold on Sunday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year