India Hammer Canada 7-3 in Sultan Azlan Shah
Continuing its winning run, the Indian men's hockey team hammered Canada 7-3 in the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup here on Wednesday to move one step closer for a place in the final.
Ipoh: Continuing its winning run, the Indian men's hockey team hammered Canada 7-3 in the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup here on Wednesday to move one step closer for a place in the final.
Striker Mandeep Singh starred in India's victory with a brilliant hat-trick (20th, 27th and 29th minute).
With three wins and a draw, India now sit pretty at the top of the points table with 10 points.
India took the lead in the 12th minute after Varun Kumar converted a penalty corner before Mandeep Singh tore apart the opposition with three goals in quick succession. Amit Rohidas scored the team's fifth goal in the 39th minute through another penalty corner.
Youngsters Vivek Sagar Prasad and Nilakanta Sharma then joined the party by scoring splendid field goals in the 55th and 58th minute, respectively.
For Canada, Mark Pearson (35'), Fin Boothroyd (50') and James Wallace (57') sounded the board.
India will next face Poland in their last group match on Friday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Opens About Why She Did Not Live with Ranveer Singh Before Marriage
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More