India Now a Football Country: FIFA Chief Infantino
FIFA president Giani Infantino said on Thursday that "India is a football country now," moments after arriving in the city to chair the FIFA Council meeting to be held on Friday and attend the U-17 World Cup final.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino (AP Image)
Kolkata: FIFA president Giani Infantino said on Thursday that "India is a football country now," moments after arriving in the city to chair the FIFA Council meeting to be held on Friday and attend the U-17 World Cup final.
Asked about the successful organisation of the U-17 World Cup, the 47-year-old clad in a dark suit said: "Thank you very much all the Indians. That's most important. It's a great pleasure to here."
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) general secretary Kushal Das and senior vice-president Subrata Dutta received Infantino at the airport in the wee hours of Thursday.
According to sources close to the development, an unofficial meeting with AIFF president Praful Patel is scheduled later in the day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year