India Now a Football Country: FIFA Chief Infantino
FIFA president Giani Infantino said on Thursday that "India is a football country now," moments after arriving in the city to chair the FIFA Council meeting to be held on Friday and attend the U-17 World Cup final.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino (AP Image)
Kolkata: FIFA president Giani Infantino said on Thursday that "India is a football country now," moments after arriving in the city to chair the FIFA Council meeting to be held on Friday and attend the U-17 World Cup final.
Asked about the successful organisation of the U-17 World Cup, the 47-year-old clad in a dark suit said: "Thank you very much all the Indians. That's most important. It's a great pleasure to here."
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) general secretary Kushal Das and senior vice-president Subrata Dutta received Infantino at the airport in the wee hours of Thursday.
According to sources close to the development, an unofficial meeting with AIFF president Praful Patel is scheduled later in the day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Feeling Rich Enough? You Can Now Order Your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip For Rs 109999
- Ananya Panday Welcomes Vijay Deverakonda to Bollywood, Shares Prep Photos for Puri Jagannadh Film
- Bigg Boss 13 a Hit on Digital Platform and Sidharth Shukla is Most Tweeted About Celeb Followed by Asim Riaz
- Xiaomi Enters Your Bathroom With Mi Electric Toothbrush T300; Yes, You Read That Right
- Save Money! Smartphones You Will be Able to Buy Soon: Realme X50 Pro 5G, iQoo 3 And More