India Retain 105th Spot, Germany Tops FIFA Ranking List
India football team remained stagnant on the 105th position while Germany finished first to be named the 'Team of the Year' in the FIFA rankings released on Thursday.
Sunil Chhetri in action for India. (Indian Football Team/Twitter)
Zurich: India football team remained stagnant on the 105th position while Germany finished first to be named the 'Team of the Year' in the FIFA rankings released on Thursday.
The Sunil Chhetri-led side, who were not slated to play any international fixtures since the previous rankings were released last month, retained their spot with 320 points.
World champions Germany, who qualified to defend their crown in Russia by winning all 10 of their qualifiers and have been unbeaten in 15 matches in 2017, succeed Argentina and Belgium, who were ‘Team of the Year' in 2016 and 2015 respectively, according to FIFA.
Germany held on to the top spot in a largely unchanged ranking that reflects the fact that just 41 ‘A' internationals have been played since the previous edition and that few of those involved teams at the top end of the table.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- You Can Now Stay in Barbie's Iconic Pink Dream House in Malibu for Just Rs 4,200
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works