India Win Gold at U12 Asian Team Tennis Championship In Kazakhstan
U12 Asian Team tennis championship: India beat Chinese Taipei 2-1 in the final to win the gold medal.
Image used for representation purpose only. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
India won the gold at the U12 Asian Team championship held in Kazakhstan. India defeated Chinese Taipei 2-1 in the summit clash to win the title, a media release issued said on Saturday.
The final was a tie of three matches -- 2 singles and one doubles -- and India won both the singles matches while lost the doubles encounter.
The team comprised Manas Dhamme, Arnav Paprakar and Tamil Nadu's Pranav Rethin.
Manas and Rethin won their singles matches.
Manas and Arnav, however, lost their doubles encounter.
12-year-old Manas remained unbeaten in the entire tournament.
Manas and Arnav train at the Adar Poonawalla Maharashtra Tennis Academy under coach Aditya Madkekar.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022