Indian Boxer Shyam Kumar Wins Gold At Thailand International
Indian boxer K Shyam Kumar (49kg) clinched a gold medal at the Thailand International Tournament in Bangkok without even stepping inside the ring for his summit clash on Saturday.
Image credit: Getty Images.
New Delhi: Indian boxer K Shyam Kumar (49kg) clinched a gold medal at the Thailand International Tournament in Bangkok without even stepping inside the ring for his summit clash on Saturday.
Shyam, who won a gold at the 2015 edition of the event, was to take on Olympic champion Hasanboy Dusmatov of Uzbekistan in the final.
However, Dusmatov pulled out of the bout owing to an injury, giving the Indian his second gold medal at the event.
Earlier, Rohit Tokas (64kg) had lost in the semi-finals to settle for bronze medal. Incidentally, Rohit had won a bronze medal in the 2015 edition as well. India thus finished the tournament with two medals.
The country had sent a seven-strong team for the event, of which four boxers lost in the opening round.
Recommended For You
- To Let Movie Review: A Pressing Social Issue Imaginatively Tacked with Singular Focus
- Beyonce, Kim Kardashian Better Watch Out as National Geographic Crosses 100 Million Followers on Instagram
- Archana Puran Singh on Replacing Navjot Singh Sidhu on The Kapil Sharma Show: It's A possibility
- YouTube Has Heard The Advertisers Message, And is Now Cracking Down on Pedophiles
- Breakdancing Among New Sports to Be Included in 2024 Olympic Games
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s