Indian Boxers to Miss Chemistry Cup in Germany After Visa Delay
Indian boxers will miss the Chemistry Cup in Germany after not getting the visas on time but the national federation has assured that the pugilists will be compensated by being sent for another event soon.
Image credit: Getty Images.
New Delhi: Indian boxers will miss the Chemistry Cup in Germany after not getting the visas on time but the national federation has assured that the pugilists will be compensated by being sent for another event soon.
A 10-member new-look team, which included two Asian youth medallists, was to travel to Halle, Germany on late Sunday evening for the 44th edition of the tournament.
But the plan was thrown haywire after their visas could not come through.
"The visas could not come because we got to know quite late that the applications for Schengen visas are now supposed to be filed from the region to which you belong. We were used to a centralised process which could be done from Delhi," Boxing Federation of India (BFI) President Ajay Singh told PTI.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Vs Flipkart Republic Day Sale: Discounts on Apple, OnePlus, Smartphones And More
- Bumrah Bowls the Best Yorker in World Cricket Currently - Akram
- AutoSpace - Best of the Week: NGT Slams Volkswagen, New Wagon R Bookings Open and More
- Super Over Thriller, Stunning Last Ball Catch Decide WBBL Finalists
- Streaming Now: Women in focus with Stree on Hotstar, Four More Shots Please on Amazon Prime
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s