Indian Boxers to Miss Chemistry Cup in Germany After Visa Delay
Indian boxers will miss the Chemistry Cup in Germany after not getting the visas on time but the national federation has assured that the pugilists will be compensated by being sent for another event soon.
Image credit: Getty Images.
New Delhi: Indian boxers will miss the Chemistry Cup in Germany after not getting the visas on time but the national federation has assured that the pugilists will be compensated by being sent for another event soon.
A 10-member new-look team, which included two Asian youth medallists, was to travel to Halle, Germany on late Sunday evening for the 44th edition of the tournament.
But the plan was thrown haywire after their visas could not come through.
"The visas could not come because we got to know quite late that the applications for Schengen visas are now supposed to be filed from the region to which you belong. We were used to a centralised process which could be done from Delhi," Boxing Federation of India (BFI) President Ajay Singh told PTI.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jay Bhanushali Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Mahhi Vij, Shares Her First Glimpse With Fans
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'