Indian Eves Edge Belarus in Second Hockey Test
The Indian eves continued their fine form in the Five-Match Test Series against Belarus here in Bhopal on Friday. The team, led by Rani, scored a 2-1 win against the visitors in the Second Test Match.
File image Indian women's hockey team. (Getty Images)
Bhopal: Led by inspirational skipper Rani Rampal, the Indian eves beat Belarus 2-1 to continue their fine form in the Five-Match Test Series here on Friday.
India got off to a good start by earning a penalty corner in the 9th minute. It was striker Rani who successfully converted the PC to take a 1-0 lead.
However, Belarus did well in the next two quarters to contain the Indian women and not allow them too many chances in the striking circle with strong defense.
The visitors equalized in the 36th minute when Sviatlana Bahushevich, who also scored the lone goal for Belarus on Thursday, struck a fine field goal.
Belarus continued to hold the Indian eves right till the end but a 60th minute PC proved to be crucial as India managed to seal the game with Lalremsiami converting the PC to register a 2-1 win. India are now 2-0 up in the Test Series.
Recommended For You
- What Can App Stores do if Users Start Downvoting an App? Nothing, For The Sake of Democracy
- After Sona Mohapatra & Shweta Pandit, 2 More Women Share #MeToo Stories Against Anu Malik
- Massive Dussehra Car Discounts Upto Rs 2 Lakh in October 2018 – Maruti, Hyundai and More
- Honda Activa Crosses 2 Crore Sales Milestone, Creates Record in India
- Spiders, Man: Lake Gets Caught in Kilometer-Large Web; Scary Pics Included