Indian Eves Edge Belarus in Second Hockey Test
The Indian eves continued their fine form in the Five-Match Test Series against Belarus here in Bhopal on Friday. The team, led by Rani, scored a 2-1 win against the visitors in the Second Test Match.
File image Indian women's hockey team. (Getty Images)
Bhopal: Led by inspirational skipper Rani Rampal, the Indian eves beat Belarus 2-1 to continue their fine form in the Five-Match Test Series here on Friday.
India got off to a good start by earning a penalty corner in the 9th minute. It was striker Rani who successfully converted the PC to take a 1-0 lead.
However, Belarus did well in the next two quarters to contain the Indian women and not allow them too many chances in the striking circle with strong defense.
The visitors equalized in the 36th minute when Sviatlana Bahushevich, who also scored the lone goal for Belarus on Thursday, struck a fine field goal.
Belarus continued to hold the Indian eves right till the end but a 60th minute PC proved to be crucial as India managed to seal the game with Lalremsiami converting the PC to register a 2-1 win. India are now 2-0 up in the Test Series.
Recommended For You
- After Padmaavat, Is Deepika Playing India's 1st Female Superhero Inspired by Wonder Woman?
- Did Star Wars Universe Actually Need Solo: A Star Wars Story?
- Katherine Langford Bids Goodbye to Her 13 Reasons Why Character Hannah Baker
- 5 Reasons Why Samsung Galaxy S9 Beats OnePlus 6 to The Best Android Smartphone Spot
- Ford EcoSport S First Drive Review: The EcoBoost is Back in Black