Indian Junior Boys Win Bronze Medal in Serbia Table Tennis Open
Raegan Albuquerque and Yashansh Malik, along with Netherlands' Lode Hulshof, won bronze after losing in the semi-final at the Serbia Junior and Cadet Table-Tennis Open.
Image for Representation Only. (Getty Images)
Mumbai: Indian junior boys Raegan Albuquerque and Yashansh Malik paired with Netherlands' Lode Hulshof to win the bronze medal at the Serbia Junior and Cadet Table-Tennis Open.
The team put up a big fight before going down 2-3 in the semi-finals to the Czech Republic trio of Radek Skala, Tomas Martinko and Ondrej Kveton.
Starting the proceedings, Raegan lost 2-3 to Radek but Lode got them back into the tie, beating Martinko 3-2.
Kudos to the Junior Boys' team for their exploits in Serbia. 😍🏓 pic.twitter.com/XF4RJqvjak
— Table Tennis India (@TableTennisInd) September 28, 2019
Yashansh then increased the lead in his team's favour and beat Ondrej 3-1. With just a win away from entering the final, Raegan and Lode went down by identical 0-3 margins to Tomas and Radek to end their campaign.
Earlier, in the quarterfinals, the combination of India and Netherlands got the better of Spain and Slovakia 3-1.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- CM Arvind Kejriwal Announces Mega First-of-its-Kind 'Community Diwali' in Delhi
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069