Indian Senior Team Win Bronze Medal at World Bridge Championships
World Bridge Championships: India won a first bronze medal for the first time ever in the 44 years.
India's senior bridge team won a bronze at Worlds. (Photo Credit: Bridge Federation of India Facebook)
Mumbai: India's senior bridge team led by Dipak Poddar has won a bronze medal for the first time ever in the 44 years of the World Bridge Championships.
This was announced by the Bridge Federation of India.
The 44th World Bridge Championships was recently held in China.
The senior Indian bridge team comprising captain Dipak Poddar, Jitendra Solani, Subhash Dhakras, Ramamurthy Sridharan, Subrata Saha and Sukamal Das, won the bronze medal, a media release issued here said on Monday.
Anal Shah (coach) and Vinay Desai (technical analyst) were the other members of the team, it said.
"It was a complete team effort. We came 4th at the World Bridge Championships at Lyon (France) two years ago and are delighted to be able to do better this time. We shall try our best to win the gold medal for our country the next time, Poddar said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Purse of Girl Lost in 1950s and Found in 2019 Reveals Fascinating Life of Retro American Teens
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Snapped with The Great Khali at Airport, See Pic
- Amidst Tata Cars Getting 5-Star Safety Ratings, Maruti Suzuki Announces to Skip Global NCAP Test
- Indians Are Googling Where to Download 'Teri Mitti' After 'Apna Time Aayega' Wins Filmfare
- WATCH: Passenger Plane Etihad Airbus A380 Lands Sideways in London, Heart-stopping Clip Goes Viral