Indian Senior Team Win Bronze Medal at World Bridge Championships
World Bridge Championships: India won a first bronze medal for the first time ever in the 44 years.
India's senior bridge team won a bronze at Worlds. (Photo Credit: Bridge Federation of India Facebook)
Mumbai: India's senior bridge team led by Dipak Poddar has won a bronze medal for the first time ever in the 44 years of the World Bridge Championships.
This was announced by the Bridge Federation of India.
The 44th World Bridge Championships was recently held in China.
The senior Indian bridge team comprising captain Dipak Poddar, Jitendra Solani, Subhash Dhakras, Ramamurthy Sridharan, Subrata Saha and Sukamal Das, won the bronze medal, a media release issued here said on Monday.
Anal Shah (coach) and Vinay Desai (technical analyst) were the other members of the team, it said.
"It was a complete team effort. We came 4th at the World Bridge Championships at Lyon (France) two years ago and are delighted to be able to do better this time. We shall try our best to win the gold medal for our country the next time, Poddar said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football