Indian Weightlifters Win 7 Gold on Second Day of Commonwealth Championships
Indian weightlifters continued their impressive show at the Commonwealth Championships as Rakhi Halder and Davinder Kaur won gold medals.
Image for representation (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Apia: Rakhi Halder and Davinder Kaur won a gold medal each in the senior women's section as Indian weightlifters continued their impressive show on the second day of the Commonwealth Championships here Wednesday.
India also won five other gold medals in the junior and youth sections.
The Commonwealth Championships are being held simultaneously together for the youth, junior and senior categories.
Kaur lifted a total of 184kg (80+104) to win the women's 59kg gold while Halder clinched the yellow metal with a combined effort of 214kg (94+120) in the 64kg category.
On the first day on Tuesday, India had clinched 8 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze medals. Former world champion Mirabai Chanu had clinched the gold in women's 49kg with a total lift of 191kg.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Man Finds 13-Cm of Animal Blood and Tissue Flooding His House's Basement
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know