Indian Wells 2017: Sania Mirza-Barbora Strycova Enter Quarters
The Indo-Czech pair needed around 64 minutes to beat Sara Errani of Italy and Alicja Rosolska of Poland 6-2, 6-3.-
Sania Mirza and Barbora Strycova. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells (US): Sania Mirza and her Czech partner Barbora Strycova registered a straight sets win to enter the women's doubles quarter-finals of the Indian Wells 2017 tournament on Saturday.
The Indo-Czech pair needed around 64 minutes to beat Sara Errani of Italy and Alicja Rosolska of Poland 6-2, 6-3.
Sania and her partner were stronger with their serve, hitting three aces, while Errani and Rosolska committed three double faults.
In men's doubles, Indian tennis ace Leander Paes and his Argentine partner Juan Martin de Porto crashed out in the opening round.
Paes and Del Porto were no match for Luxembourg's Gilles Muller and American Sam Querry as they suffered straight sets 3-6 4-6 defeat to make early exit from the ATP Masters event.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]
- Facebook Clear History Tool Lets You Control Data Shared With Apps And Websites