Indian Wells: Garbine Muguruza Rallies to Reach Fourth Round
French Open champion Garbine Muguruza battled past tenacious teenager Kayla Day 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 on Sunday to reach the fourth round of the Indian Wells WTA hard court tournament.
Garbine Muguruza. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: French Open champion Garbine Muguruza battled past tenacious teenager Kayla Day 3-6, 7-5, 6-2 on Sunday to reach the fourth round of the Indian Wells WTA hard court tournament.
The seventh seed from Spain next faces Ukrainian 10th seed Elina Svitolina, a 6-2, 6-1 winner over Australian Daria Gavrilova.
Day, a hard-hitting 17-year-old Californian who received a wild card into the draw, pushed the Grand Slam champion hard. But she ran out of steam in the final set, surrendering with a double fault on match point.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Telugu Actor Manchu Manoj Confirms Divorce with Wife Pranathi Reddy
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More