Indian Wells: Novak Djokovic Downs Kyle Edmund to Enter Third Round
Novak Djokovic opened his defense of his Indian Wells Masters title on Sunday with a 6-4, 7-6 (7/5) victory over Briton Kyle Edmund.
Novak Djokovic. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: Novak Djokovic opened his defense of his Indian Wells Masters title on Sunday with a 6-4, 7-6 (7/5) victory over Briton Kyle Edmund.
The world number two from Serbia, whose five Indian Wells titles include three in the past three years, had to battle back in the second set against the 46th-ranked Edmund to force the tiebreaker and put it away in straight sets.
"First match played, really a big test," said Djokovic. "Throughout most of the second set, he was the better player. Just a few points decided that second set."
Things likely won't get any easier for the world number two, who faces former US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro in the third round after del Potro defeated fellow Argentine Federico del Bonis 7-6 (7/5), 6-3.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Streaming Now: Women in focus with Stree on Hotstar, Four More Shots Please on Amazon Prime
- 'Mahi Maar Raha Hai': Twitter Hails Dhoni as India Register Historic ODI Series Win in Australia
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- Vivo Republic Day Sale: Discounts up to Rs 10,000 on Vivo V11 Pro, Vivo NEX And More on Amazon And Flipkart
- The Biggest Data Breach of All Time: 773 Million Email Addresses And 21 Million Passwords Exposed
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s