Indian Wells: Novak Djokovic Downs Kyle Edmund to Enter Third Round
Novak Djokovic opened his defense of his Indian Wells Masters title on Sunday with a 6-4, 7-6 (7/5) victory over Briton Kyle Edmund.
Novak Djokovic. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: Novak Djokovic opened his defense of his Indian Wells Masters title on Sunday with a 6-4, 7-6 (7/5) victory over Briton Kyle Edmund.
The world number two from Serbia, whose five Indian Wells titles include three in the past three years, had to battle back in the second set against the 46th-ranked Edmund to force the tiebreaker and put it away in straight sets.
"First match played, really a big test," said Djokovic. "Throughout most of the second set, he was the better player. Just a few points decided that second set."
Things likely won't get any easier for the world number two, who faces former US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro in the third round after del Potro defeated fellow Argentine Federico del Bonis 7-6 (7/5), 6-3.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif Opens up on Replacing Hina Khan
- Lebanon Thought Charging For WhatsApp is a Good Idea, But Citizens Vented Their Anger
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone