Indian Wells: Stan Wawrinka Holds Off Yoshihito Nishioka to Reach Quarters
World number three Stan Wawrinka rallied for 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7/4) victory over Japanese lucky loser Yoshihito Nishioka Wednesday to reach the ATP Indian Wells Masters quarter-finals.
Stan Wawrinka. (Getty Images)
Indian Wells: World number three Stan Wawrinka rallied for 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7/4) victory over Japanese lucky loser Yoshihito Nishioka Wednesday to reach the ATP Indian Wells Masters quarter-finals.
Switzerland's Wawrinka, a three-time Grand Slam champion, labored for two hours and 13 minutes to get past the 70th-ranked Nishioka, who twice served for the match in the third set before succumbing in the tiebreaker.
Wawrinka next faces either eighth-seeded Austrian Dominic Thiem or 10th seeded Gael Monfils of France.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked